Day 90 is here. I did it! Finished the day strong with a run, a great workout and finishing book 13 this morning. What an amazing feeling. Here is a first in depth review of what I learned from this experiment during the last 90 days:
What fitness and life goals have I achieved?
- Run 10k
- Work out every day
- Stretch every day to increase flexibility
- Reading 13 books (book 14 started already) in 13 weeks
- Writing on my blog (almost) daily for 90 days, documenting my own journey.
doing the split : but much more flexible and closer too it. Do not want to push to hard but allow for time to expand more naturally
Meditating daily: did not feel useful
New empowered habits I established:
- Work out daily
- Stretch daily in the morning and evening
- Daily walk outside
- Go to bed between 10 & 11
- Sleep until 8 am and wake up naturally without an alarm
- 2h easy going morning with reading, coffee, time for myself
How has my body changed?
- It feels more relaxed
- My body is much more tone and I gained quite a lot of muscles
- I did not loose any weight, my weight stayed pretty much the same
- My flexibility increased
- My endurance had improved
New healthy lifestyle elements:
- Fitbit to track my performance
- I am a runner
- I am a Writer
What breakthrough have I had:
- Identity shifts towards my healthy lifestyle and running
- Working out daily even though I did not feel like it: I always feel better afterwarda
- Stopping the Whole30 as it did not feel right for me at this time
- Saying yes to pasta and bread again
- Reading one book a week
How has my overall attitude changed?
- I am much more confident
- Much more active and positive
- I have much more mental capacity for my to-do´s
- Much more energy due to more sleep
- Much more self aware of my daily habits
Challenges I faced:
- My body hurt after 2-3 weeks of daily work-out and I found a way to keep going without pushing too hard
- Learning to listen to my body when my body needed rest versus a hard exercise
- Stopping the Whole30 because I did not eat enough carbs and was hungry all the time
- Changing my meditation goal to general mindfulness and seeing this as a mindful way to handle the resistance
- Only one day no exercise when I did not set boundaries at work, kept going the next day
My energy level and enthusiasm for life?
- Very positive outlook in general
- Much more energy
- Started new projects (podcast) and my business in general
What have I learned about myself?
- 8-9 hours of sleep is my optimum
- I prefer a quiet morning with time to myself
- My body is capable of working out every day and loves it
- If they are well prepared and I am set up for success, I can reach my goals easily
- I thrive on the fixed structure of healthy habits and it gives me much more confidence to prioritize my own well-being
How have my relationships improved?
- The energy and positivity had a very positive impact on my relationship with my boyfriend. He cheered me on and was super supportive and also inspired to focus on his health goals.
- I have also been able to show up consistently for my sister and friends/colleagues
- All appointments were kept
- I am much more loving to myself
New fitness goals:
- Run 15 k
- Keep up the daily workout and stretching, working towards the splits and get even more toned
- Keep up daily walks to get enough movement and fresh air
- Add surfing and paddle boarding this spring/summer
As you can see I already have new goals for the next 90 days as I believe that it will be useful to not only keep going but to change and challenge myself further in areas I want to improve.
This 90 Days were such a great experiment. If you want support for your own 90 Day journey, stay tuned for more to come!