As the final week of my 90 Day Journey starts, I am getting eager to plan what´s coming next so today I took some time to reflect on what habits will stay and what’s coming next for me during the next 90 days (next quarter of 2021).
I am planning to do a full reflection and take away post about it but I can already spoiler that my exercise routine has worked so well for me overall that I am going to stick with it while also increasing my running. I am planning to run 15k by June and aim for 4 running days per week: 2 short runs, 1 speed run and one longer run. To integrate this into my existing workout routine and to be successful with it, I already scheduled all the runs for the next 3 months in advance. I am also planning to do one HIIT workout which leaves me to the following schedule:
- Monday short run, 10 min workout, 10 min stretching
- Tuesdays speed run, 10 min workout, 10 min stretching
- Wednesdays HIIT and 10 min stretching
- Thursday more a restorative stretching session
- Friday short run, 10 min workout, 10 min stretching
- Saturday long run, 10 min stretching
- Sunday more a restorative stretching session
I also planned to maintain my reading frequency, which I am pretty proud of so far this year. I am on book 13 and 14 0f 50 planned books for the year, making good progress. Instead of the daily blog update I am looking into a different daily writing habit and change it towards the mornings. Starting my mornings with reading and writing sounds pretty exciting.
For the next quarter, each month will get an additional theme. Next to my daily habits I am maintaining, I want to focus my attention during the month of April on Writing, during the month of Mey on Money and during June on Home.
Coming up with the plans for the next 3 month took me around 2 hours I would say, but I did take my time with it. Its not a very lengthy exercise put I feel much calmer and in control. One of the major benefits of this 90 Day programme and my other quarterly goals was to see, how many boxes I could actually check off. Its a good reminder for the huge progress I made. Goal setting is a fascinating topic. I wasn’t sure if I could do it all 90 days ago. Now I am wondering why I did not plan bigger goals.
The daily habit structure definitely helped me make huge progress towards my health and lifestyle goals so far. The amount of energy it creates goes directly into my work and family time. It also frees up so much mental headspace from arguing with myself when the best time to exercise is and if I am doing it today or postpone until tomorrow. The question is answered and I am just going to work out, every day. Such a relief.
Let´s recap day 83 of 90:
- Sleep: I did not track it last night but getting up was hard, I ams till not used to the time change.
- Eating: Smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch and a special durch dish for dinner
- 10 min of Yoga and morning stretching – done
- 10 min of strength training – 10 min done
- 10 min of stretching and foam rolling – 10 min stretching
- a walk, a run or bike ride outside every day – a long afternoon walk in the woods, I am still at my boyfriends
- Train to run 10k by mid March – no running today
- Writing each day, at least a blog post – done
- Read a book a week – read in the morning
- Mindfulness – a little mindfulness during the morning