It´s Monday, January 4th. I woke up naturally after 8,5 hours of sleep but did not want to get out of bed. The day has no fixed appointments so I snuggled up with my boyfriend a little longer. It is a grey Monday morning, it´s cold outside and I am reminded, why I really need this Energy Transformation.
I want to start my days more excited for what is to come again. I want a mindset shift. 2020 has been very draining and I am still catching up on lost sleep. Which is ironic as I used to call 2020 my big rest. It turns out, that it was actually not very restful.
First I read the newspaper and drank hot water, I eventually crawled out of bed and did a slow morning yoga flow and a 10 minute meditation. My body felt tight and a little sore this morning after I had a very active Sunday. I went for a run, did a 20min full body workout and a lot of stretching. I felt great yesterday – I guess it would have been a great day to start this challenge. My find felt cluttered. I feel a little anxiety coming up with this challenge and with the new year. A lot of uncertainty is ahead of me and it is getting to me more than I would like to admit at this point.
After a breakfast smoothie and coffee I started to work for a bit and around noon my boyfriend and I packed up our stuff and drove from his place outside the city to my apartment in Hamburg.
After a healthy left-over lunch of salad, eggs, some bacon and bread we took a walk outside and I continued to walk a little further as I needed to complete some birthday shopping for my boyfriend, whose birthday is tomorrow.
I also received 2 new sport outfits I ordered second hand during the holidays and after my birthday shopping trip I changed and did a 21min Full Body workout and concluded it with 10 min stretch and foam rolling. My body felt much better this afternoon and the workout actually lifted my mood quite a bit.
After a quick shower we made dinner and had a steak with veggies and potatoes. Yum. Even though we only had left-overs in the fridge and freezer we managed to create 3 well-balanced, healthy and deliciously home-cooked meals. I am finishing this first blog entry before we will most likely watch 1 or 2 episodes of The Crown on Netflix and pass some time before we can celebrate his birthday.
Let´s recap Day 1:
- Sleep: 8,5 hours, in bed before 11, no alarm
- Eating: make 3 balanced meals, one breakfast roll which was processed carbs, lot´s of greens in all meals
- 10 min of Yoga and stretching – done
- 10 min of strength training -done
- 10 min of stretching and foam rolling – done
- a walk, a run or bike ride outside every day -done
- Train to run 10k by mid March – no running today
- Writing each day, at least a blog post – done
- Read a book a week – my book of the week is „Why we Sleep“ from Matthew Walker. I started Saturday and I am 15% in. It´s super long so it will be a challenge this week for sure.
- Meditate 10 min – done.